Make this quick and easy banana bread smoothie to enjoy all the flavors of banana bread. Perfect breakfast drink to fuel your mornings.
Recipe Inspiration / Background
If you love banana bread or banana muffins, then you will definitely be going to love this banana bread smoothie.
And, how is it so?
Because this smoothie contains all those flavors that you would find in banana bread or muffins. And, it hardly takes 5 mins. to prepare and perfect super easy and quick breakfast for busy mornings. Who would deny this?
I love very few things that are sweet. Banana muffins are one of those few sweet items that I like to savor.
If you are not a first-time visitor to our website, you would see, that I like to alter recipes and give them a healthy twist. For example, a few weeks back, I shared a healthy whole wheat banana bread recipe. We enjoy it for our breakfasts with a hot cup of tea. We both don’t drink coffee usually. Especially, I am a big fan of tea. And Indian masala chai….Ahhh!…it is so addictive. And those who love Indian masala chai can imagine my pleasure. See how addictive it is that I got distracted from our banana bread smoothie. Let’s talk more about it.
Banana Bread Smoothie
I have made banana smoothies several times before. But this time I gave it a twist and made it taste like banana bread.
To make this power booster healthy smoothie, I use granola, walnuts, skim milk, and of course, ripe banana. Use non-fat plain greek yogurt to give it a creamy texture. If you will look at the banana bread recipe, you can find this smoothie contains everything that can go into bread. I used granola to replace flour because I like its toasted nutty flavor. If you are okay with the flavor of raw oats, you can use those instead of granola.
And, what is great about this smoothie! it is
- super-quick to make
- naturally sweetened
- helpful if you are watching your weight
This banana bread smoothie is healthy as it contains
- Chia seeds are a powerhouse of protein and good fats.
- Oats are rich in dietary fibers.
- Bananas are rich in minerals and vitamins.
- No added processed sugar. It is naturally sweetened from sugars in bananas and honey.
Banana Bread Power Breakfast Smoothie
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until it gets a smooth consistency
- Optionally, garnish with few banana slices and crushed walnuts
- You can also use rolled oats instead of granola.
- If you are vegan, skip the greek yogurt. Use your favorite nuts milk instead of regular dairy milk.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on our Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.