If you love banana bread or banana muffins, then you will definitely going to love this banana bread smoothie. And, how is it so? Because this smoothie contains all those flavors that you would find in banana bread or muffins. And, it hardly takes 5 mins. to prepare resulting in a super easy and quick breakfast for busy mornings. Who would deny this.
I love very few things that are sweet. Banana muffins are one of those few sweets that I like to savor. If you are not a first time visitor to our website, you would see, I like to alter recipes and give them a healthy twist. For example, a few weeks back I had shared a healthy whole wheat banana bread recipe. We love it so much for our breakfasts with a hot cup of tea. Yes, we both don’t drink coffee usually. Especially, I am a big fan of tea. And Indian masala chai….Ahhh!…it is so addictive. And those who love Indian masala chai can imagine my pleasure.
See how addictive it is that I got distracted from our banana bread smoothie. Let’s talk more about it. I had made banana smoothie several times before. This time I wanted to give it a twist and make it taste like banana bread. Therefore, to make this power booster healthy banana bread smoothie, I used granola, walnuts, skim milk and of course banana. Also I used non-fat plain greek yogurt to give it a creamy texture. If you will look at the banana bread recipe you can find this smoothie contains everything that can goes into bread. I used granola to replace flour because I like its toasted nutty flavor. If you are okay with the flavor of raw oats you can use those instead of granola.
And, what is great about this smoothie! it is
- super-quick to make
- naturally sweetened
- helpful if you are watching your weight
How this Banana Bread Smoothie is healthy
This banana bread smoothie is healthy as it contains
- superfood chia seeds. Chia seeds are powerhouse of protein and good fats
- oats granola. Oats are rich in dietary fibers
- bananas. Bananas are rich in minerals and vitamins
- no added processed sugar. It is naturally sweetened from sugars in banana and honey
Banana Bread Power Breakfast Smoothie
Banana bread smoothie loaded with proteins and fibers. This super quick power breakfast smoothie will help you to stay full longer
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup granola
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or skim milk
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt (optional if vegan)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup drinking water
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until it gets a smooth consistency
- Optionally, garnish with few banana slices and crushed walnuts
- You can also use rolled oats instead of granola.
- If you are vegan, skip the greek yogurt or use avocado. Use your favorite nuts milk instead of regular dairy milk.
Some more recipe options that you may like:
If you like this recipe in any way, spread the love by sharing with your friends and family.
Your valuable feedbacks and comments will make our day and encourage us to share more great healthy recipes with you. Thank you for stopping by!