Homemade Easy Pumpkin Hummus – Give a pumpkin twist to your regular chickpea hummus to make this super delicious hummus dip. Ready in less than 10 mins.
When anybody says FALL, what is the first thing that comes to your mind?
For me, there are two things that cross my mind immediately: one is the beautiful scenic view of mother nature with fall colors and the second is PUMPKIN. The first lasts only for a few days (wish the fall colors stayed a little longer) while the second one runs throughout the winter. Right? Then why not use it in recipes to boost our vitamin A.
Last Fall, I spent almost all my time in India and couldn’t get a chance to share any pumpkin recipes on the blog. So this super delicious and easy pumpkin hummus with tahini will be my first ever pumpkin based recipe on the blog. I am really excited to share it with you all.
Easy Pumpkin Hummus Recipe
As the name suggests, this is a very quick and easy recipe to prepare. To further enhance the taste of this hummus dip I used roasted garlic (I am a big fan of it). +
Roast a couple of garlic cloves in little olive oil over low heat. Then add this softened, roasted garlic along with oil in the hummus ingredients that include cooked chickpeas, cumin powder, cayenne pepper, some lime juice and of course, pumpkin puree. Also, use some tahini to give the dip some nice nutty flavor and a creamy texture. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well combined and the mixture gets a smooth texture.
- Use homemade pumpkin puree whenever possible for better taste. This way you can get fresh flavors without too many chemicals or preservatives typically found in packaged products.
- If you are using canned chickpeas, drain and rinse before using for the hummus. Even better, use chickpeas cooked at home, if at all possible.
- Freshly prepared roasted cumin powder adds a nice flavor to any dish. I usually toast the required amount of cumin on a heated fry pan. Then, I pulverize it into powder for instant use whenever I need cumin powder. I know its an additional step but trust me, once you try making cumin powder at home you’d never wanna use store-bought one!
Pumpkin Hummus – Health Benefits
The bright orange color of pumpkin indicates that it is a powerhouse of b-carotene which is an important antioxidant. This beta carotene then converts into vitamin A. According to the University of Illinois Extension during this conversion process b-carotene performs a great roll in overall health. Read more impressive benefits of eating pumpkin in an article published on HuffingtonPost.
Chickpeas are dense in nutrients. It is a good source of plant protein and is considered as a healthy protein. Moreover, it is also rich in dietary fibers, certain dietary minerals (iron and phosphorous) and folate.
Tahini prepared using sesame seeds is a very good source of healthy omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Additionally, it contains a significant amount of calcium, manganese, and the amino acid methionine.
Fall-Ready Roasted Garlic Easy Pumpkin Hummus
- In a very small pan heat oil on low heat. Add garlic cloves and roast them for 3-4 mins. or until they are soft and light-brown in color
- Then in a food processor add chickpeas, pumpkin puree, tahini, roasted garlic along with oil, and remaining ingredients except pumpkin seeds. Pulse all the ingredients to a smooth texture.
- Scoop all the hummus into a serving bowl and garnish with some pumpkin seeds. Optionally, place a rosemary spring to make the hummus bowl look beautiful and appealing!
- Cut garlic cloves in half lengthwise for quick roasting.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on our Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.