This polenta with mushrooms dish takes only 30 min to prepare. Serve pan-grilled chicken and mushrooms on a bed of creamy polenta to enjoy this dish for lunch and dinner. It is healthy and gluten-free and is a great option for those who are gluten intolerant.
Only recently, we have started exploring this healthy grain option. I never had polenta before until I tried this baked polenta recipe that I shared with you a couple of months back. And needless to say, we really love it. That’s why I am here to share with you yet another polenta recipe using my favorite veggie. Yes, it’s mushroom.
I guess I’ve told you before that I am a big fan of mushrooms. And poor Tushar also started liking it because I always keep trying different recipes using mushrooms.
Polenta with Mushrooms and Chicken
Making this polenta with mushrooms and chicken is very simple and easy. I used instant polenta that took only 5 min to cook once poured in boiling water. I paired this creamy polenta with sautéed mushrooms and grape tomatoes in garlic and paprika, topped with pan-roasted, boneless chicken thighs. You can also use chicken breast if you prefer. We really enjoyed this dish…it is
- under 30 min
How this polenta and chicken is healthy?
This polenta with mushrooms is prepared using healthy ingredients such as
- Polenta – is healthy whole grain and is considered good carbs. It is gluten-free and also a good source of vitamin C
- Mushrooms – are a great source of vitamin B
- Skinless chicken – is lean meat and when used without skin, it reduces its fat content and cholesterol to some extent.
More Healthy Recipes You Will Love
Polenta with Mushrooms and Chicken
- 1 cup instant polenta raw
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb boneless and skinless chicken thigh or breast (preferably organic)
- 2-3 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tbs cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- In a mixing bowl add chicken, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Rub the spice to coat chicken evenly
- Heat oil in an iron skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and cook it for 5 min. Then flip it over and cook for another 5 min. Once done remove chicken from the pan and put aside.
- In the same pan add sliced mushrooms, minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Stir it for 2-3 min. Then add onions, tomato, cayenne pepper and paprika and, cook further for 6-7 min. Once done turn off the heat and return chicken to the pan. Garnish with parsley.
- Meanwhile cook polenta in a separate pan according to package instructions.
- Serve sautéed mushroom and chicken on the bed of creamy polenta.
- Serve polenta when it is still warm to enjoy its creamy texture. Polenta tends to tighten up on complete cooling.
Gloria @ Homemade & Yummy says
Congratulations…your post has been featured in this weeks Friday Favorites Linky Party!!
Be sure to share via your social media….and thanks for linking up.
This looks like an amazing dish! I haven’t had polenta that many times, but I always enjoy it when I do. I’ll have to try this meal out soon! Thanks so much for linking up with us in the Best of the Blogosphere Link-up! We hope you’ll join us again today 🙂
Joy @ Joy Love Food says
I’m a big fan of polenta and mushrooms too, this dish sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing at What’d You Do This Weekend?!
This looks fantastic! Thanks for linking up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!
Debbie Kitterman says
I like that this recipe is only 30 minutes to make and sounds delicious and looks yummy too.. although polenta is not my favorite, my husband does like it … your neighbor at #Titus2Tuesday
Mindy White says
This looks so delicious. I have been wanting to try polenta and this may be my chance.
Caren Hope says
this is good. I’m going to try this since I’m advocating eating healthier wholefoods, so gluten-free is a much welcome dish. and it sounds easy to prepare. thanks for sharing this recipe, Swati and Tushar.
Karen P says
Looks very delicious. I may give this a try for a dinner with friends.
Nice one.. Will try out soon
Polenta is sooo hard to cook right! I live in Italy and I have only liked it maybe twice, so I wonder how good i would be at cooking it because this looks delicious. Would have to forgo the chicken though since I’m a vegetarian
This look so delicious. 30 mins sounds great too. I am going to try this on one of the days. Thank you for sharing. 🙂
Polenta is one of my favourites! This looks and sounds amazing and your pictures are really great!