This polenta with mushrooms dish takes only 30 min to prepare. Serve pan-grilled chicken and mushrooms on a bed creamy polenta to enjoy this dish for lunch and dinner. It is healthy and gluten free and is a great option for those who are gluten intolerant.
Only recently we have started exploring this healthy grain option. I never had polenta before until I tried this baked polenta recipe that I shared with you couple of months back. And needless to say, we are really loving it. Thats why I am here to share with you yet another polenta recipe using my favorite veggie. Yes, its mushroom. I guess I’ve told you before that I am a big fan of mushrooms. And, poor Tushar also started liking it because I always keep trying different recipes using mushrooms.
Making this polenta with mushrooms and chicken is very simple and easy. I used instant polenta that took only 5 min to cook once poured in boiling water. I paired this creamy polenta with sautéed mushrooms and grape tomatoes in garlic and paprika, topped with pan roasted, boneless chicken thighs. You can also use chicken breast if you prefer. We really enjoyed this dish…it is
- under 30 min
How this polenta with mushrooms and chicken is healthy?
This polenta with mushrooms is prepared using healthy ingredients such as
- polenta. Polenta is healthy whole grain and considered as good carbs. It is gluten free and also a good source of vitamin C
- mushrooms. Mushrooms are a great source of vitamin B
- skinless chicken. Chicken is lean meat and when used without skin, it reduce its fat content and cholesterol to some extent.
Polenta with Mushrooms and Chicken
Creamy polenta with mushrooms and chicken-- gluten free recipe that is healthy and ready in about 30 mins.
- 1 cup uncooked instant polenta
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb boneless and skinless chicken thigh or breast (preferably organic)
- 2-3 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tbs cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 garlic minced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- In a mixing bowl add chicken, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Rub the spice to coat chicken evenly
- Heat oil in an iron skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and cook it for 5 min. Then flip it over and cook for another 5 min. Once done remove chicken from the pan and put aside.
- In the same pan add sliced mushrooms, minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Stir it for 2-3 min. Then add onions, tomato, cayenne pepper and paprika and, cook further for 6-7 min. Once done turn off the heat and return chicken to the pan. Garnish with parsley.
- Meanwhile cook polenta in a separate pan according to package instructions.
- Serve sautéed mushroom and chicken on the bed of creamy polenta.
- Serve polenta when it is still warm to enjoy its creamy texture. Polenta tends to tighten up on complete cooling.
You may also like this baked polenta recipe