Make this awesome healthy Instant Pot cauliflower with creamy gravy for any party night or weeknight dinner. This garlic and herb whole cauliflower will be a gorgeous addition to your dinner table.
After cooking a whole chicken in the Instant Pot it was time to try this delicate vegetable in it. And to my surprise, it takes only three minutes on high pressure to cook the whole cauliflower head in the pressure cooker. And, in less than 30 min you can bring this dish to the dinner table.
Whole Cauliflower in Instant Pot
As opposed to cooking whole cauliflower in the oven (which takes more than 45 min), Instant pot is an easy and a super-fast way to cook the whole cauliflower head. However, roasting in the oven has a whole lot of different flavors, taste, and deliciousness.
Marinate the cauliflower with some spices, herbs and fresh garlic. Place it on the trivet in the pressure cooker. Add some vegetable stock in the bottom as this will help create steam inside and cook the cauliflower. Cooking whole cauliflower at high pressure in the Instant Pot needs only 3-4 minutes. Once done, the remaining liquid will be helpful in making a delicious gravy to go with this dish.
Healthy Instant Pot Cauliflower – Helpful Tips!
- Buy fresh and large cauliflower head for this recipe.
- You can rub the spice mixture all over the cauliflower and marinate well in advance before cooking it in the Instant Pot. It will make the cauliflower more flavorful. It is completely optional.
- Carefully cut the leaves using a knife. Otherwise, you may end up cutting big florets that will ruin the look of the final dish. Also, carefully trim the stem flush. It will help the cauliflower head to sit flat in the serving dish without leaning on any side.
Garlic And Herb Instant Pot Cauliflower With Delicious Gravy
- 1 large cauliflower head
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients listed under marinade.
- Cut leaves from the bottom of the cauliflower head. Carefully trim the stem flush without cutting the florets. It will help the cauliflower to sit flat on the trivet.
- Rub the prepared garlic-herb marinade on the cauliflower head evenly.
- For the gravy heat oil in saute mode of the Instant Pot. Add onion and whole garlic cloves; cook until translucent.
- Then add vegetable stock, thyme and lemon juice. Place the trivet into the Instant Pot.
- Put the whole cauliflower head on the trivet. Cook for 3 min on manual high-pressure mode. Allow pressure to release naturally for 5 min and then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully transfer the cauliflower to an oven-safe dish or tray. Optionally, broil it 3-4 min in the oven to get a nice crust.
- Turn on the saute mode in the Instant Pot. Add flour to the gravy base and blend everything using a hand blender until it gets to a smooth consistency. Add salt and pepper according to taste.
- Cook the gravy for 3-4 min and serve warm with the cooked cauliflower.
- Do not forget to open the lid after 5 min to naturally release the pressure and take the cauliflower out from the Instant Pot once it is opened. Else, the steam from the gravy base will keep on cooking the cauliflower.
- Gravy - you can increase the quantity of the gravy by adding more vegetable stock and flour before blending the gravy base.
This page may include affiliate links which help us to deliver free recipes and maintain this blog.