Filled with greens, beans, and carbohydrates, all-in-one pot spinach rice recipe. It is healthy and full of proteins, fibers, and vitamins.
How easy are one pot meals to prepare. Dump all the ingredients in, put the timer on and the dish is ready to enjoy. And, it’s less messy too!
And this fresh spinach rice recipe is also a one pot meal. It hardly takes 10 minutes for initial prep and 15-20 minutes for actual cooking. It is our favorite option when we are tired or when we don’t have time for cooking.
This spinach rice recipe is an all-in-one dish. Greens and beans, along with carbohydrates, turn this into a perfect meal. If you are vegan or vegetarian, replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock (or water) for cooking this recipe.
How this spinach rice is healthy?
This rice recipe is full of nutrition because it contains:
- fresh spinach, which is rich in vitamin A and C
- beans that increase protein and fiber content
- no saturated fat
One Pot Spinach Rice
- 1 cup white rice (rinsed and drained)
- 2-3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup pinto beans canned (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cup chicken stock low sodium (or vegetable stock or water if vegan)
- 1 ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant for about 30 sec
- Add onion and saute until translucent. Then add diced tomatoes and cook them until they soften for about 3-4 mins
- Add spinach, beans, rice and cook for a couple of minutes. Now add water, chicken stock or vegetable stock (if vegan) and bring the mixture to a boil
- Season with curry powder, salt and pepper. Adjust salt and pepper according to taste
- Simmer the rice mixture for 18-20 min (or until rice is tender) on low heat with lid on
- Turn off the heat and serve warm to enjoy this nutritious spinach rice