How easy are one pot meals to prepare. Dump all the ingredients in, put the timer on and the dish is ready to enjoy. And, it’s less messy too! This spinach rice recipe is also a one pot meal. It hardly take 10 min. for initial prep and 15-20 min. for actual cooking. It is our favorite option for times when we are tired or when we don’t have time for cooking.
This spinach rice recipe is an all in one dish. Greens and beans along with carbohydrates turns this into a perfect meal. If you are vegan or vegetarian, replace chicken stock with vegetable stock (or water) for cooking this recipe.
How this spinach rice is healthy?
This spinach rice recipe is full of nutrition because it contains:
- fresh spinach which is rich in vitamin A and C
- beans that increases protein and fiber content
- no saturated fat
- 1 cup white rice (rinsed and drained)
- 2-3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 Tomatoes diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup Pinto beans canned (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cup low sodium chicken stock (or vegetable stock or water if vegan)
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp avocado oil or other cooking oil
- salt and pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant for about 30 sec
Add onion and saute until translucent. Add diced tomatoes and cook them until they soften for about 3-4 mins
Add spinach, beans, rice and cook for a couple of minutes. Now add water, chicken stock or vegetable stock (if vegan) and bring the mixture to a boil
Season with curry powder, salt and pepper. Adjust salt and pepper according to taste
Simmer the rice mixture for 18-20 min (or until rice is tender) on low heat with lid on
Turn off the heat and serve warm to enjoy this nutritious spinach rice
- Avocado oil– It is a healthy cooking oil. I use it in my recipes most of the time.
- I used 12″ Cast iron pan for making this rice.
Disclaimer: This page includes affiliate links which help make this blog possible. Thank you for your support.
One Pot Spinach Rice Video!
If you like this recipe in any way, spread the love by sharing with your friends and family.
Your valuable feedbacks and comments will make our day and encourage us to share more great healthy recipes with you. Thank you for stopping by!